New Delhi, May 23: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday virtually distributed appointment letters to more than 51,000 newly recruited candidates under the government’s ‘Rozgar Mela’ initiative.
Addressing the event, Modi said the newly appointed youths would play a key role in India’s development journey and contribute towards the vision of a “Viksit Bharat” (Developed India). He congratulated the recruits and their families, noting that the appointments covered sectors such as railways, banking, defence, health and education.
The prime minister said the Rozgar Mela reflects the government’s commitment to empowering youth through employment opportunities and highlighted the growing global interest in India’s youth and technological progress.
According to officials, around 12 lakh appointment letters have been issued through 18 Rozgar Melas held so far across the country.
The event was organised at 47 locations nationwide, with appointees selected for various ministries and departments, including railways, home affairs, health and family welfare, financial services, and higher education.
