Manoj Sinha on Tuesday led one of the largest public rallies in Jammu and Kashmir at Pulwama, reaffirming the administration’s resolve to eradicate the menace of drug abuse and narcotics trafficking from the Union Territory.
Addressing a massive gathering of people from different walks of life, the Lieutenant Governor said the fight against drugs had evolved into a people’s movement and assured that the government would continue its relentless crackdown on drug peddlers and narco-terror operatives.
The rally was held as part of the ongoing 100-day anti-drug campaign launched on April 11, which has witnessed significant public participation across Jammu and Kashmir. The campaign aims to dismantle narcotics networks, create awareness among youth, and strengthen rehabilitation and preventive measures.
Highlighting the achievements of the drive so far, the Lieutenant Governor said that more than 800 drug smugglers have been jailed during the campaign, while hundreds of properties linked to narcotics trafficking have been seized by authorities.
He described the action as a decisive strike against the narco-terror network, asserting that elements involved in drug trafficking were attempting to weaken society and mislead the younger generation.
“The administration is determined to eliminate the drug menace from Jammu and Kashmir. Those involved in destroying the future of our youth will not be spared,” the Lieutenant Governor said.
He also called upon citizens, religious leaders, civil society members, and educational institutions to join hands with the administration in building a drug-free Jammu and Kashmir.
Officials said the anti-drug campaign has received overwhelming support from the public, with awareness programmes, rallies, and community outreach initiatives being organised across districts to encourage collective action against substance abuse and trafficking.
